When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- keep comments concise
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it's inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments are pre-moderated to check they comply with the blog participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
Here is a brief outline of how we evaluate comments.
Is this comment on topic, does it add value to the discussion and can we answer publicly? If so, post a timely response within 24 hours.
Is this comment a rant, venting frustration or anger? If so, STOP, monitor and discuss with the digital team first, referring to the participation guidelines.
If you have a query about why your contribution has not appeared/disappeared on the site, our participation guidelines or approach to moderation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Requests for Information
Please note that this blog is a collaboration across government departments. If you wish to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request, we recommend that you direct it to the relevant government department via their website.