On 17 July 1945 the last of the great tripartite wartime conferences between the US, the UK and Russia opened at Potsdam, near Berlin. All the major issues facing the postwar world were discussed there.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- Visiting the secret state: Margaret Thatcher and Intelligence 21 December 2022
- What the Butler saw: Britain and the Abadan Crisis, 1950-51 7 December 2022
- Curzon's comeuppance 25 November 2022
- The Art of Delivery: The Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit 2001-2005 26 August 2022
- The Queen and her Prime Ministers 1 June 2022