On 20 February 1913 The Times reported: ‘An attempt was made yesterday morning to blow up a house which is being built for Mr Lloyd George near Walton Heath Golf Links’. One device had exploded, causing about £500 worth of …
Elizabeth Crawford is the author of The Women’s Suffrage Movement: a reference guide 1866-1928 (Routledge, 1999); Enterprising Women: the Garretts and their circle (Francis Boutle, 2002); The Women’s Suffrage Movement in Britain and Ireland: a regional survey (Routledge, 2005) and Campaigning for the Vote: Kate Parry Frye’s Suffrage Diaries (Francis Boutle, 2013).
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- What’s the context? Foundation of the German Empire, 18 January 1871 20 January 2021
- What’s the Context? Signing the Anglo-American Financial Agreement, 6 December 1945 7 December 2020
- Preparing for Helsinki: the CSCE Multilateral Preparatory Talks 27 August 2020
- What’s the context? VJ Day, 15 August 1945 14 August 2020
- What’s the context? Opening of the Potsdam Conference, 17 July 1945 17 July 2020