On 20 February 1913 The Times reported: ‘An attempt was made yesterday morning to blow up a house which is being built for Mr Lloyd George near Walton Heath Golf Links’. One device had exploded, causing about £500 worth of …
Elizabeth Crawford is the author of The Women’s Suffrage Movement: a reference guide 1866-1928 (Routledge, 1999); Enterprising Women: the Garretts and their circle (Francis Boutle, 2002); The Women’s Suffrage Movement in Britain and Ireland: a regional survey (Routledge, 2005) and Campaigning for the Vote: Kate Parry Frye’s Suffrage Diaries (Francis Boutle, 2013).
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- The founding of the NHS: 75 years on 13 July 2023
- Visiting the secret state: Margaret Thatcher and Intelligence 21 December 2022
- What the Butler saw: Britain and the Abadan Crisis, 1950-51 7 December 2022
- Curzon's comeuppance 25 November 2022
- The Art of Delivery: The Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit 2001-2005 26 August 2022