Through one of the marvels of modern Science, I am enabled, this Christmas Day, to speak to all my peoples throughout the Empire. I take it as a good omen that Wireless should have reached its present perfection at a …
Matthew Glencross is completing a PhD on ‘The Diplomatic Impact of British Royal Tours 1901-1918′ at the Institute of Contemporary British History, King’s College London.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- What’s the Context? The decision to build a British atomic bomb, 8 January 1947 7 January 2022
- What’s the Context? Occupying Powers sign Quadripartite Agreement on Berlin, 3 September 1971 3 September 2021
- What's the Context? Signature of the Atlantic Charter, 14 August 1941 28 July 2021
- When the Wall went up: Britain and the Berlin Crisis, 1961 28 July 2021
- What’s the Context? Winston Churchill’s ‘Sinews of Peace’ speech, Fulton, 5 March 1946 5 March 2021