Through one of the marvels of modern Science, I am enabled, this Christmas Day, to speak to all my peoples throughout the Empire. I take it as a good omen that Wireless should have reached its present perfection at a …
Matthew Glencross is completing a PhD on ‘The Diplomatic Impact of British Royal Tours 1901-1918′ at the Institute of Contemporary British History, King’s College London.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- Visiting the secret state: Margaret Thatcher and Intelligence 21 December 2022
- What the Butler saw: Britain and the Abadan Crisis, 1950-51 7 December 2022
- Curzon's comeuppance 25 November 2022
- The Art of Delivery: The Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit 2001-2005 26 August 2022
- The Queen and her Prime Ministers 1 June 2022