Britain has a proud Olympic tradition. Since the revival of the modern Games in 1896, Britain is one of few nations to have sent competitors to every summer Olympics, and this year London has the distinction of being the first …
Professor Kevin Jefferys
Kevin Jefferys is Professor of Contemporary History at Plymouth University. His publications include The Churchill Coalition and Wartime Politics 1940-1945 (1991), Anthony Crosland (1999), Finest and Darkest Hours: The Decisive Events in British Politics from Churchill to Blair (2002), and Politics and the People: A History of British Democracy since 1918 (2007). His latest book, Sport and Politics in Modern Britain: The Road to 2012, is published in July 2012.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- Preparing for Helsinki: the CSCE Multilateral Preparatory Talks 27 August 2020
- What’s the context? VJ Day, 15 August 1945 14 August 2020
- What’s the context? Opening of the Potsdam Conference, 17 July 1945 17 July 2020
- What’s the context? 25 June 1950: outbreak of the Korean War 25 June 2020
- What’s the context? 8 May 1945: VE Day, the end of the war in Europe 7 May 2020