The RAF owes its existence to a number of people but high amongst those deserving of credit are a South African Field Marshal, a Welsh politician and a Scottish Soldier. We should also perhaps acknowledge the stimulus provided by a …
Head of the Air Historical Branch (AHB) of the Royal Air Force. It is a specialist archive and history unit based at RAF Northolt, Middlesex, which seeks to maintain and preserve the historical memory of the RAF.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- The Queen and her Prime Ministers 1 June 2022
- What’s the Context? The decision to build a British atomic bomb, 8 January 1947 7 January 2022
- What’s the Context? Occupying Powers sign Quadripartite Agreement on Berlin, 3 September 1971 3 September 2021
- What's the Context? Signature of the Atlantic Charter, 14 August 1941 28 July 2021
- When the Wall went up: Britain and the Berlin Crisis, 1961 28 July 2021