April sees commemorations across the globe of the initial landings in a campaign centred on the Dardanelles Strait and the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. For Turkey, Australia and New Zealand this campaign has a very strong connection with their national …
Stephen Prince is Head of the Naval Historical Branch in the Ministry of Defence.
He has previously been a Sir Robert Menzies Scholar at the Australian War Memorial, a lecturer at Britannia Royal Naval College and a senior lecturer at the Joint Services Command and Staff College.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- What’s the context? 8 May 1945: VE Day, the end of the war in Europe 7 May 2020
- What’s the Context? Sentencing of atomic spy Klaus Fuchs, 1 March 1950 2 March 2020
- What’s the context? The release of Nelson Mandela, 11 February 1990 11 February 2020
- The Lancaster House Agreement 40 years on 23 December 2019
- Britain and the Revolutions in Eastern Europe in 1989 16 December 2019