April sees commemorations across the globe of the initial landings in a campaign centred on the Dardanelles Strait and the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. For Turkey, Australia and New Zealand this campaign has a very strong connection with their national …
Stephen Prince is Head of the Naval Historical Branch in the Ministry of Defence.
He has previously been a Sir Robert Menzies Scholar at the Australian War Memorial, a lecturer at Britannia Royal Naval College and a senior lecturer at the Joint Services Command and Staff College.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- The Queen and her Prime Ministers 1 June 2022
- What’s the Context? The decision to build a British atomic bomb, 8 January 1947 7 January 2022
- What’s the Context? Occupying Powers sign Quadripartite Agreement on Berlin, 3 September 1971 3 September 2021
- What's the Context? Signature of the Atlantic Charter, 14 August 1941 28 July 2021
- When the Wall went up: Britain and the Berlin Crisis, 1961 28 July 2021