The British Civil Wars has always interested me and International Women's Day prompted me to focus my blog post on a crucial, controversial, yet often overlooked, figure in British history, Henrietta Maria. I came across little, other than biographical histories, …
I am a Reader Adviser at The National Archives in Kew.
I have a particular interest in the British Civil Wars and German history from 1918 onwards.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- What’s the context? 25 June 1950: outbreak of the Korean War 25 June 2020
- What’s the context? 8 May 1945: VE Day, the end of the war in Europe 7 May 2020
- What’s the Context? Sentencing of atomic spy Klaus Fuchs, 1 March 1950 2 March 2020
- What’s the context? The release of Nelson Mandela, 11 February 1990 11 February 2020
- The Lancaster House Agreement 40 years on 23 December 2019