The British Embassy in Bangkok is truly one of the most spectacular properties overseas. It is a symbol of soft power from the Colonial era in the midst of the modern day quest for economic development. This is a last look at the (soon to be) old British Embassy Bangkok.
Clare Patchimanon is the producer and host of an international current affairs programme on Thai television. She also works part-time for BBC Learning English. A former Australian resident, Clare has a post-graduate degree in Finance from the Australian National University and completed the Advanced Creative Writing short course at the University of Oxford in 2016.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- What’s the context? 8 May 1945: VE Day, the end of the war in Europe 7 May 2020
- What’s the Context? Sentencing of atomic spy Klaus Fuchs, 1 March 1950 2 March 2020
- What’s the context? The release of Nelson Mandela, 11 February 1990 11 February 2020
- The Lancaster House Agreement 40 years on 23 December 2019
- Britain and the Revolutions in Eastern Europe in 1989 16 December 2019