The British Embassy in Bangkok is truly one of the most spectacular properties overseas. It is a symbol of soft power from the Colonial era in the midst of the modern day quest for economic development. This is a last look at the (soon to be) old British Embassy Bangkok.
Clare Patchimanon is the producer and host of an international current affairs programme on Thai television. She also works part-time for BBC Learning English. A former Australian resident, Clare has a post-graduate degree in Finance from the Australian National University and completed the Advanced Creative Writing short course at the University of Oxford in 2016.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- The Queen and her Prime Ministers 1 June 2022
- What’s the Context? The decision to build a British atomic bomb, 8 January 1947 7 January 2022
- What’s the Context? Occupying Powers sign Quadripartite Agreement on Berlin, 3 September 1971 3 September 2021
- What's the Context? Signature of the Atlantic Charter, 14 August 1941 28 July 2021
- When the Wall went up: Britain and the Berlin Crisis, 1961 28 July 2021