The British Embassy in Bangkok is truly one of the most spectacular properties overseas. It is a symbol of soft power from the Colonial era in the midst of the modern day quest for economic development. This is a last look at the (soon to be) old British Embassy Bangkok.
Padej Kumlertsakul is an Adviser for Defence, Maritime and Environment at The National Archives since 2008. His research interests concern the use of the Chinese labourers and labour management in military operations during the First World War. His current research focuses on British and Japanese military cooperation at the siege of Qingdao.
Related content and links
History of government
This blog gives insights into the history of government – its development, its departments and some of the roles and people involved. Find out more.
- The founding of the NHS: 75 years on 13 July 2023
- Visiting the secret state: Margaret Thatcher and Intelligence 21 December 2022
- What the Butler saw: Britain and the Abadan Crisis, 1950-51 7 December 2022
- Curzon's comeuppance 25 November 2022
- The Art of Delivery: The Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit 2001-2005 26 August 2022